APRIL FORD PTY LTD ACN 610 691 239
- We adhere to the Australian Privacy Principles contained within The Privacy Act 1988 (the Privacy Act) and to the extent applicable, the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) which applies across the European Union.
The following words have the definitions (unless expressed otherwise):-
- “April Ford” referred to as either “We”, “Us”, Our” in this Agreement, means April Ford Pty Ltd ACN610 691 239. For the purposes of the GDPR, April Ford is the Data Controller.
- “Controller” as is relevant to, and defined within the GDPR, means a legal or natural person, an agency, a public authority, or any other body who, alone or when joined with others, determines the purposes of any personal data and the means of processing it.
- “Personal Data” as is relevant to, and defined within the GDPR, means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
- “Personal Information” means information We collect and hold which is identifiable as being about you. This includes information such as your name, address, email address, phone number, or any other information or opinion which is identifiable as directly or indirectly relating to an individual.
- “Processor” as is relevant to, and defined within the GDPR, means a legal or natural person, an agency, a public authority, or any other body who processes personal data on behalf of a Data Controller.
- “Website” means https://www.aprilford.com
- Headings are for convenience only and do not affect the interpretation of this document;
- Words denoting the singular include the plural and vice versa;
- Words denoting individuals include corporations, associations, trusts, authorities, instrumentalities, partnerships and vice versa;
- Words denoting any gender include every gender;
- Where a word or phrase is defined, its other grammatical forms have a corresponding meaning;
- Reference to any legislation includes any:
(i) legislation amending, consolidating or replacing it; and
(ii) regulation, by-law, ruling, notice, order or other requirement made under it.
3. What Personal Information is collected
- We will, from time to time, receive and store Personal Information that you provide to us through your use of Our Website, content and/or Our services.
- In the course of providing Our digital marketing services to you, We may collect the following Personal Information from you:
(i) your first and last name;
(ii) your company name;
(iii) your contact details, including but not limited to your postal and/or billing address, telephone number and/or email address;
(iv) financial details, including your credit card and/or bank details;
(v) geographical location;
(vi) Internet Protocol address (IP address); and
(vii) social media handles.
- We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from persons under the age of 16, and in the circumstances, require express consent from a parent or guardian.
4. How We collect Personal Information from you
- In most instances, We will collect the above-mentioned Personal Information directly from you through Our personal and electronic interactions with you. This includes in person conferences, telephone calls, emails and correspondence.
- You may also provide your Personal Information to Us when you interact with and access Our Website.
This information is expressly provided by you through:
(i) completing online forms for the purposes of getting into contact with Us;
(ii) receiving marketing communications from Us;
(iii) leaving blog comments and testimonials relating to Our services;
5. Sensitive Personal Information
- We do not collect or process any Personal Information from you that is considered “Sensitive Information” under the Privacy Act or a “Special Category of Personal Data” under the GDPR. This includes information such as information about your health, racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and/or political opinion.
- In circumstances where We may require such information, We will seek your direct and explicit consent to hold and use the Sensitive Personal Information.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
- We will primarily use your Personal Information for the purpose of providing you with, and improving, Our services.
(i) providing you with the services you have engaged Us to provide;
(ii) to communicate with you through mail, telephone calls, email, sms or other forms of electronic communication in relation to Our services;
(iii) providing you with information about Our services including updates, news, special offers, services or opportunities available to you;
(iv) providing you with customer support and responding to your requests and inquiries;
(v) diagnosing technical issues and providing technical support to you;
(vi) by way of publishing blog comments, testimonials or reviews on Our Website or otherwise to promote Our business.
(vii) data reporting and analysis to manage, evaluate and improve Our services, marketing and Website;
(viii) to act in accordance with any legal obligation; and/or
(ix) investigating any complaints.
- We may combine and aggregate Personal Information collected from you for the purposes of statistical analysis and Website development. Any information used for these purposes will remain anonymous.
7. Disclosure of Personal Information
- We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties in circumstances where:
(i) we are under a legal, regulatory, or professional obligation to do so;
(ii) we are required to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights or safety of the Company, Our customers and third parties;
(iii) it is required in the course of providing Our services to you; and/or
(iv) you have otherwise provided Us with your consent
- In the event that Our business is sold, merged or restructured, we reserve the right to disclose and/or transfer your Personal Information to the relevant party, to the extent permissible by law.
8. International Disclosure of PersonalInformation
- Personal Information may also be transferred and stored with external service providers located overseas. In these circumstances, We take steps to ensure that your Personal Information is protected and that any overseas external service providers employ appropriate safeguards and an adequate level of data protection laws similar to that of the Privacy Act and the GDPR. These steps may include but is not limited to:
(i) Entering into contractual relationships with the external service provider requiring warrant that
(ii) Auditing the external service provider
9. Storage and Security of your Personal Information
- Personal Information collected from you will be stored in hardcopy form at Our office and/or electronically on Our secure servers.
- We are committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring the security of the Personal Information We hold about you. In doing so, We have implemented various physical, electronic and managerial procedures to ensure that this information is protected against any unauthorised access, disclosure or misuse. This includes the use of secure servers and software, password protection, multi-step authentication processes and information encryption.
- However, no transmission of information over the internet is completely private and secure and any information you provide to Us over the internet is sent at your own risk. We cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to Us, or receive from Us.
- In the event of a high-risk data breach, We will notify you and the relevant authority as soon as practicable and without undue delay.
10. Data Retention
- Any Personal Information We collect from you will only be retained for as long asis necessary to provide Our services to you, as Well as for the purposes required to comply with any legal requirements or otherwise.
11. Access to Your Personal Information
- You are able to request access to and seek correction of any of the Personal Information We hold about you. You may do so by contacting Us at the details set out at clause 16 below and We will endeavour to respond to your request within 7 days. Please note that we may charge you a fee for access to the Personal Information we hold about you.
- In some circumstances permitted under the Privacy Act and where applicable, the GDPR, We may refuse your request to provide you with such information.
- We will not use your Personal Information to provide marketing communications to you without your prior consent. If at any time you would prefer not to receive such communications in the future, you can opt out by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option included in the email or by contacting Us directly through Our details set out at clause 16 below.
- A cookie is a small file that is stored on your web browser when you visit a Website. Cookies contain information about your web browsing behaviour and allow Our Website to identify you when you visit Our Website again. They do not, however, allow Us to access or obtain any of your Personal Information.
- Targeting and advertising cookies may also be used by third party services such as Google Adwords and Facebook Adverts for the purposes of displaying relevant advertisements on your device once you leave the Website.
13. Third Party Website Links
14. General Data Protection Regulation for the European Union
(i) request access to and copies of the Personal Data We hold about you;
(ii) request the correction or amendment of any Personal Data We hold about you;
(iii) in certain circumstances, request that We erase any and all Personal Data that We hold about you;(iv) request that We restrict the use and processing of your Personal Data;
(v) object to Us processing your Personal Data; and
(vi) request that We transfer the data We have collected from you directly to you or to another organisation.
- The legal basis for which We collect your Personal Information will depend on the circumstances in which We collect it. Primarily, the legal basis upon which We collect your Personal Information includes:
(i) in providing Our services to you and performing Our contractual obligations as set out in Our Terms and Conditions of Trade;
(ii) when you provide Us with consent to collect and use your information for a specific purpose. Further, We acknowledge and will immediately comply with any request made by you to withdraw such consent;
(iii) where processing the information is necessary for the purpose of satisfying a legitimate interest; or
(iv) comply with any legal obligation.
- When We collect and/or process any of your Personal Data, We act as the Data Controller and in some instances, the Data Controller and the Data Processor.
15. Policy Updates
Telephone: 1300 004 777
Address: Level 6, 8 Maroochydore Road, Maroochydore QLD 4558
- If you are unsatisfied with how we have handled your complaint or you wish to report a complaint, you may contact the following authorities:
(i) The Office of Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or through their website https://www.oaic.gov.au/about-us/contact-us.
(ii) EU Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or through their website https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/.